Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Why I don't like visiting my 96 year-old great-grandmother in the nursing home.

A conversation I had with a man in the hall:

oldman: Hello!
ThePeach: Um, Hi (looking around furiously for g-g-m). How are you?
oldman: How am I? HOW AM I???! I DRINK MILK, I PUKE! I DRINK COKE, I PUKE!
ThePeach: I'm...sorry?
TigerCat: (to me) run.

Later, in the eating room, watching my great-grandmother gum away at a cookie:

random old lday with black eye: what are you doing?? Can't you see she's choking to death! Maybe that's what you want...
*note* my g-g-m could not possibly choke to death, especially since all she was managing to effectively do was drool on the cookie
ThePeach: why would I want that?
TigerCat: what's your problem?
old lady: *shuffles away*

I swear I'm not a bad person.

The Peach

No comments: