Tuesday, March 06, 2007

TheBoss is Ironic; a Bit of an Ass


TheBoss made me eat lunch in his office with him today, and during this time we had the following conversation:

TheBoss: Do you want some of my muffin?
ThePeach: No, thank you.
TheBoss: What about just the top.
ThePeach:…no.
TheBoss: Just the muffin-top.
ThePeach: No.
TheBoss: Come on, have the muffin-top!
ThePeach: I know where you are going with this, and no.
TheBoss: JUST TAKE THE MUFFIN-TOP!!
ThePeach: I DON’T WANT THE MUFFIN-TOP!!
TheBoss: BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE YOU MUFFIN-TOP!!!

TheBoss then exploded into a fit of giggles and looked very proud of his witticism. My side-fat purred as I shoved TheBoss’s goddamn muffin in my mouth and made a mental note to set his lawn on fire. That usually gets my messages across.

Anyway, as I was chewing on TimHo’s baked sugar and lard, TheBoss started talking about how hilarious I am.

TheBoss: Seriously, you are really funny.
ThePeach: Yes.
TheBoss: I still tell everyone I know about that time you were so full that you said you were gonna have a food baby!
ThePeach: Gunther the cheese baby; yes.
TheBoss: And that email you sent me today about Office Depot throwing up in the lab? Hilarious!!
ThePeach: I sent that 3 weeks ago.
TheBoss: You know I don’t read your e-mails!
ThePeach: Yes.
TheBoss: You know, you should really think about writing comedy.
ThePeach: Uh-huh…
TheBoss: Seriously. You’re a good writer. You should think about writing some kind of comedy, like about our office.
ThePeach: Yeah…
TheBoss: You could write about the funny things that happen here, and the funny people…
ThePeach: Yes, that hypothetical situation could be humorous.
TheBoss: Man, you could even make a character like me!
ThePeach: Yes, I could.
TheBoss: Seriously, think about it.
ThePeach: I shall.
TheBoss: How was that muffin-top?
ThePeach: Tasty.
TheBoss: *giggles* NOW YOU HAVE-
ThePeach: You’ve killed this joke, by the way.
TheBoss:…get back to work.

Oh, irony.

ThePeach

2 comments:

Billy said...

Did I misread that, or did he basically just give you premission to slander him?

Retroactively, yes.. but still!

asian cymbals said...

That is freaking hilarious!!! Oh my god!!!