Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm a damn hippie now; not smelly

As I type this I am drinking fair-trade, organic, Peruvian coffee. I bought the beans at the independent coffee shop on campus. I was on campus because my welfare, I mean "good food box" had arrived. I carried the local produce home in a giant reusable bag which I had brought with me, tucked inside the giant cloth bag I now use as a purse. The produce weight like 15 fucking pounds, but I still walked all the way home because it seemed like a waste to take the bus on such a beautiful day. When I got home, I peeled 2lb of carrots, 2 apples, a pear, and an onion and threw them in my slow cooker with some broth* and spices. In 2 hours I plan to puree the foods and create hippie soup.

And then maybe I'll dread my hair, whittle* a guitar and break into:

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair

Seriously, someone please tell me what is happening to me before I stop shaving my armpits (oh god, I just realized I haven't shaved my legs in like 10 days) and renounce soap.

ThePeach

*broth was not quite broth. I didn't have broth, and I'm lazy, so I strained all the alphabet noodles out of a can of campbell's vegetable soup. It took like 20 minutes. I probably could have walked to the store in that amount of time. This soup might taste like the inside of an asshole.

**a big thanks to FauxHawk for pointing out that "widdle," which I had originally written, actually means "to urinate." Urinating a guitar is a talent I don't yet possess.

EDIT: the soup was AWESOME. I am the bestest cook of life.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Then a big FUCK YOU for not making it veggie-friendly. You've got a ways to go in your hippie endeavors. :-p