Saturday, September 06, 2008

ThePeach is Professional; Pretty

Yesterday was our class retreat/conference at a cabin the woods. They drove us out in a yellow school bus, lectured us for 2 hours about journalistic professionalism, and then gave us free range at an open bar. After 3 glasses of wine I swam in the river and stood on a floating log. After 4 glasses I introduced my class to the throaty voice. After 5 glasses I confessed that I have a bitch crush on Dr. Beverly Crusher of the USS Enterprise. After the retreat they dropped us off downtown and we stumbled into a bar. Apparently I do tequila shots again. That's a throwback to being 21. On a related note, my new bathroom has finally been christened with vomit.

I woke up this morning, dry heaved, rinsed my mouth with mouth wash, and bought all my textbooks, a digital voice recorder and microphone, and ordered a subscription to the Globe and Mail.

Professionalism, here I come.

ThePeach

1 comment:

Tania said...

Sounds like you're fitting right in! ;)