Friday, December 05, 2008

Update: Library is Scary at Night

I'm still here. It's awful.

TerribleInfluence left about half an hour ago and now I'm on my own. I moved upstairs to "the learning commons," or the holding area for cracked-out students. I'm surrounded by weepy, crazy, caffeine-addicted youths like myself. It's like I stumbled into the netherworld. I don't like it.

At 11:30 I decided I needed dinner. I asked the chick at the circulation desk where I should go to find sustenance. She told me the only thing open was the basement, and that I would have my choice of several fine vending machines. Dinner became a bag of Miss Vickie's and a Rock Star. Shit-fuck.

There's a female janitor milling around, cleaning up other empty chip bags and abandoned energy drink cans. Someone is sleeping in the desk next to me. A black man just turned a pirouette behind me. I'm not sure why. This place is weird. I'm really glad I brought my ipod.

I have so much work left to do. The library closes at 2am and then I'm computerless again. I'll probably wind up wandering the campus in a caffeine stupor and wake up at 3pm tomorrow afternoon in a dumpster.

Interesting: the female janitor just tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I had anything that I needed to throw out. I lowered my head in shame and pushed 2 empty coffee cups, a chip bag, and an empty rock-star towards her. She patted my shoulder and smiled sympathetically. Maybe this place isn't so bad.

Come back, female janitor with bad perm! I need you to hold me.

ThePeach

1 comment:

theLegend said...

Hey ThePeach,

If you're out a laptop, you should check with your library or IT department at school to see if they lend out laptops. They do in UniversityTown, and most other schools. They treat them just like books.

Good luck!