Monday, July 13, 2009

Undead

Have you ever been so depressed that you can’t move? I literally can’t get dressed some days. I’m trying really hard not to be the sad, pathetic breakup person, but some days you beat the couch and some days the couch beats you. I guess the end of a 5 year relationship isn’t easy, even if everyone – including my grandfather – is relieved to hear about it.

I’ve been watching a lot of True Blood, a tv show about sexy vampires. ThePilot commented that he thinks I secretly wish that I was undead. I looked down at myself, lying on the couch, bone-thin, dark circles under my eyes, and responded “I think I am undead.”

But don’t despair. I’m not eyeing the knives or the shower rod or anything like that. I’ve accepted that this is just how it’s going to be for a little while. I think I can work “crazy.” I can make it hot.

Like this morning, when I had a brief fit of positive energy, put on a bikini, and danced to Katy Perry in my bedroom for 45 minutes. Immediately following that I had a 10-minute cry-fit, but then I made coffee and read Harry Potter on my balcony. Accio dignity!

And now I’m going to go get sloppy drunk with TheCrip and let him force-feed me cheeseburgers.

Because sometimes the cure to depression is vodka coolers and grilled meats.

ThePeach

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I can't wait to get in on the action. Should I bring sad movies and wine, or will you be on to impulse shopping and binge drinking?

Another positive, you're blogging more.

The Peach said...

I'm doing all of the above. Bring everything.